About the role
Omni Digital is looking for a software engineer to join our team on a part time or full time basis.
You’ll be working with Python, Django, Vue.js and AI developing high-quality, innovative, well-tested, and scalable data-driven web applications.
As a small team we can build quality into every stage of the software development life cycle, from analysing the user and business requirements to writing and updating unit tests.
We use agile methodologies, deploying working software at the end of every two-week sprint, using Jira to manage the product backlog and Confluence for supporting documentation. We have a dedicated Digital Project Manager who manages these workflows.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
Our workflow stack includes:
- Sentry for error reporting
- Digital Ocean as our cloud provider
- Utilising AI where relevant
- Django Rest Framework for API development
- Vue.js for SPA applications
- PyTest as our Python test runner
- Ansible or DigitalOcean for deployments
You’ll be provided with a Linux laptop and an ergonomic mouse and keyboard.
About Omni Digital
Omni Digital is a small team with a passion for building custom web applications to solve complex social, economic business challenges and we are focused on ‘tech for good’ projects.
We are dedicated to our vision of creating software that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world. In 2018 we became a certified B Corp which means we have passed an extensive independent impact assessment that judged us against a triple bottom line: People, Planet and Profit.
With a river on one side and Bristol Marina on the other, we are based in a large, historic building a stone’s throw from each. We encourage time away from your screen to enjoy the surroundings and believe this is truly one of the best locations to work in Bristol.
Hours and rate
If working full time your hours will be from 09:00 – 17:30 each day with an hour for lunch, totalling 37.5 per week but we are open to part time workers whose time is split between office and home working.
Up to £50,000 commensurate with experience.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and an introductory cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.