We had an incredibly productive brand workshop at the start of the project, which gave us the opportunity to all thrash through the issues at hand.
Omni are proud to launch the new brand identity and brand applications for 'Circadian Trust', formally South Gloucestershire Leisure Centres (SGL).
Omni have a long-standing relationship with South Gloucestershire Leisure Centres and produced their first website after they received their independence from the council www.sgleisure.org (created for them over 5 years ago now), which has stood the test of time well but they have now evolved as a business and are looking to the future.
This new partner and stakeholder facing brand allows them the freedom to deliver, via Circadian Trust, all kinds of 'Active' related ventures, such as the new public facing 'Active Centres' brand and website, which we are working on as I type, and will be launched towards the end of summer.
We had an incredibly productive brand workshop at the start of the project, which gave us the opportunity to all thrash through the issues at hand. This was followed by a naming session generating 'Circadian Trust' as the new identity. 'Circadian Rhythm' is a 24-hour cycle in the biochemical, physiological, or behavioural processes of every living entity on Earth, so a very apt name for a business working in and around Active Lifestyles. We then moved into a second session, which revealed a powerful set of brand values and a solid, easy to remember Mission and Vision statement:
Mission: Inspiring active lifestyles
Vision: Giving more
- Customer obsession - Looking at everything through our customer's eyes
- Passionate about service - Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Provide expertise - We develop our people to be experts in their field
- Striving to be better - Giving more by striving to be better at everything we do
- Innovation - Developing new ways to inspire active lifestyles
- Ownership - Making the effort to get it right
- Being resourceful - Spending money on what matters
- Empowerment - Helping you achieve your potential
- Equality - In everything we do
The clearer the Mission and Vision of an organisation, the more easy it is for all staff and management to remember, relate, engage and action its core messages, and 'Giving More' to 'Inspire Active Lifestyles' is a powerful and simple formula.
The ideogram element of the brand mark was then developed and followed these core guiding principles:
- Creating a sense of rhythm taken from the dictionary definition of Circadian
- Multicoloured inter connections represent communities, partnership and support
- There is a sense of movement to highlight the core service offerings around being active
- Vibrant colours give a sense of fun and diversity
Initial feedback from staff has been overwhelmingly positive and we are very proud to see it starting on its journey. Stay tuned for the Active Centres site to be launched in the coming months.
Read more about Circadian Trust on their website. www.circa diantrust.org